Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ELLIOT REED HAS LANDED!!


WARNING: LONG RANT AHEAD!! This is going to be a looooong post!! But it's gossipy...so if you like gossipy-girl fights, continue!

OMG!!! It's WWIII between my bridesmaids/friends. The shit hit my fan yesterday. And it didn't need to neithah! My bestest pal, Laura, is my Maid of Honor. And pregnant. 4 almost 5 months now! Well, I guess my friends decided that she's too pregnant. So one of my friends, Christy (who isn't in my wedding), decided to take matters into her own hands and call my friend, Ashlie, and told her what the plans were for the party. Ashlie agreed and they planned the whole thing WITHOUT Laura. Christy also wrote me an email about how Laura didn't seem too enthused to plan it. I'm not going to lie, it kind of hurt me. I'm not asking for a parade or anything, but I thought even though Laura is pregnant, she isn't dead. She can muster up something for me. Well that turns out not to be the case. I find out from Laura that she DID want to help plan the party, but was told it was too late. And she was hurt. Grrrr!! It takes a lot to hurt Laura's feelings; I felt horrible for her. Two of Laura's flaws about her is that she procrastinates and she's a push-over. Needless to say, she couldn't help plan the party, even if she tried.

So next on our list is Lindsey, my stubborn, passionate, loyal Leo. I'm not going to lie. Lindsey suggested (to Christy and Ash) an idea that was pretty gay. And I knew she would. A scavenger hunt. Um, pass! Not my bag, baby. I told her I wanted everyone together with me (it's my Aquarian nature to surround myself with all my friends!). But she wasn't mad. However, when she suggested more ideas (because she knew I wouldn't like what they planned), she was shot down left and right. Until Christy straight up told her: majority rules, this is what's going down, and she has no say in it! This pissed Lindsey off!! FYI, YOU DO NOT TELL A LEO WHAT SHE CAN OR CAN'T DO!! haha..I can picture Lindsey all mad, yelling on the phone! hahaha..sorry! Moving on! So Lindsey calls me yesterday and says, "Christy is planning your party and it sounds like something she would plan for herself. I keep telling her that you want to go downtown and but she says no. And that if you do want to go, she isn't going. And Ashlie isn't really planning it, she's just agreeing with whatever Christy is saying." Me, with my maturity (HA!) replied, well we're going downtown and getting drunk. If she doesn't want to go, she doesn't have to. Fine with me. It won't hurt my feelings, I'm a big girl. I don't care! ...... I'm not done with this story yet!

Next comes Christy, she calls me and says that she and Ash have everything planned, but Lindsey isn't being cooperative and wants to fight with everyone Blah blah blah blah blah...and that everything is fine. The party is lock and loaded and ready to go! Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. Okay. Fine. Whatever.

Lindsey soon calls afterward and insists that I won't like what Christy has planned. By this point I'm getting tired, stress and pretty annoyed. Everyone and their mom has called me complaining and got me in the middle of it when I shouldn't have. I ask Lindsey what's the plans were. She, being loyal to the bridesmaids (see, total Leo!) says, "I don't want to break the bridesmaid code!" Haha.. I told her I'm ABOVE the Bridesmaid Law and that I won't tell anyone that she told me. She complies. AND. SHE. WAS. RIGHT! Everything that was planned by Christy (who, let me remind you, isn't in my wedding party) sounded like it was something she would want to do. Not me. They were going to take me to some art place to make mugs, have a little party for me at Ash's house(which is fine by me), take me to an expensive restaurant (again, I didn't mind, but no one really has money to eat there.. this was what Ashlie's idea) and then take me bowling. Now, I'm not bagging on making mugs or bowling, but I'm 26, not 16. Those are things that she likes to do...And she and Ash asked me what I wanted to do and NOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS was in the plan. I was pissed. Why ask me what I want do and then not do it? If you are going to do that, DON'T even ask me!

FINE!!! I WILL PLAN MY BACHELORETTE PARTY!! If no one likes it, TOUGH SHIT. I won't shed a tear if they don't come. I'm tired of the fighting! My plans: I wanted my bridesmaids and I to get a mini make-over at this one nice make-up shop near Santa Fe. Next, I need clothes for my honeymoon and I have a gift card so we're going to the mall. Next is the party at Ashlie's where everyone else will meet up, following by a night of drunken dancing downtown. THERE. Was that so damn hard? I don't know where Christy came in from, thinking she can boss my bridesmaids around when she's not in the wedding. God Bless, but not a smart move, Christy! Especially with a Leo and pregnant woman. Nope. Nope. Nope. Anyway, MY plans are set in stone and as Pook would say.. "my chickens" have stopped pecking at each other...Finally. Ugh. Let's act our age and not our shoe size, right Prince? haha...sorry. Bad joke. So yah, I planned my own party...just like Elliot Reed. From this I got a fever blister due to the stress. I guess I should be glad that I'm getting one now and not on my wedding day or honeymoon. But I prayed to God and told Him/Her I'll welcome this fever blister with open arms, but the 2 weeks surrounding my wedding if He/She could spare me! We'll see. God has a funny sense of humor. Anyway, that's my rant! See it was a loooong one!! haha And as for the picture I used...I dunno..doesn't really relate to my story...I just thought it was funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment